Every year the GraduateCenterLMU provides about 50 transferable skills workshops for the further qualification of doctoral candidates. Some workshops are also open to graduates or postdoctoral researchers.
The qualification concept of the GraduateCenterLMU is aimed towards a system of meeting the diverse needs of doctoral candidates. Thus there are workshops:
- for different phases of the doctoral studies (starting, working, writing and final phases)
- for doctoral candidates from all disciplines
- for doctoral candidates of specific areas (Humanities, Social or Natural Sciences)
- for developing competencies in scientific work
- for developing general competencies
- in German and in English
There are three different categories of workshops.
We regularly provide the latest information on our workshop program through our newsletter.
General information about participation in our workshops can be found in the Frequently Asked Questions.
If you have any questions concerning the accessibility of a workshop please contact us.
Events, which are being conducted in English, are marked with an asterisk *.
The GraduateCenterLMU hopes to be able to hold attendance events in the fall. Should this not be possible, we will continue to offer equivalent online events.
Voice Training* (online)
28.09., 05.10., 12.10. and 19.10.2020
- fully booked; registration for the waiting list -
Optimizing Writing Strategies in English (Natural Sciences)*
- fully booked -
Teams und Gruppen leiten
Giving Academic Talks in English*
- new date; fully booked -
Schwierige Gespräche führen
Communication and Teams*
Der qualitative Forschungsprozess - Daten erheben, transkribieren, analysieren, berichten
- new date; fully booked; registration for the waiting list -
Lehrkompetenz – miniPROFiL
Gekonnt und fair argumentieren