Presentation Skills (Natural Sciences)
GraduateCenterLMU Workshop for Doctoral Candidates
Public speaking is a necessity in scientific life – and you can learn what the success factors of a good scientific presentation are. Very rarely it is the quality of the research results that causes problems. More often structure, orientation and personal performance can and should be improved to ensure that you come across as a creative and credible scientist.
This workshop supports you in finding out what your strengths are and develop your individual presentation profile. You will learn how to lead the audience from your first appearance on stage until the last question in the discussion.
- The preparation – what to collect and how to arrange
- Being aware of what's happening out there – "reading" and leading the audience
- Powerful presentation language – supporting your message
- Platform skills – for clear visualisation and high creativity
- The "show" must go on – state control or how to deal with difficulties
- Question and answer session – what to say if …
Requirements: Participants will be asked to prepare a six-minute PowerPoint (or similar) presentation and bring it along for the workshop.
Language of workshop: English
Date: Wednesday, February 13, 2019, and Thursday, February 14, 2019, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Target group: Doctoral candidates of LMU Munich from the Natural Sciences (the number of participants is limited)
Certificate of attendance: Participants will receive a certificate of attendance from the GraduateCenterLMU.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (Tel. 089/2180-9731)