Designing and Presenting Scientific Posters (Natural Sciences)
GraduateCenterLMU Workshop for Doctoral Candidates
Doctoral candidates often face the challenge to present scientific posters at meetings. The creation of adequate posters is usually not a matter of just a few hours. Special care has to be taken to adjust contents and design to a typical brief presentation in a poster session. How to make a poster attractive and scientifically correct at the same time? This is one of many questions that will be dealt with in this workshop.
- Aims of poster presentations
- The anatomy of scientific posters: Vital parts and add-ons
- Preparations to be taken ahead of the creation of posters
- Evaluation of "suboptimal" posters: What makes a bad poster?
- The essentials of a good poster
- Participants generate drafts of important poster parts: Title, Introduction, Conclusion
- How to present a poster and how not to present a poster
Requirements: There will be a session in which each participant designs part of a poster draft including title, introduction and summary/conclusion. In order to profit from this session, participants will be asked to bring along some key words (and schemata if wanted) which can be used for the draft.
Language of workshop: English
Date: Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Target group: Doctoral candidates of LMU Munich from the Natural Sciences (the number of participants is limited)
Certificate of attendance: Participants will receive a certificate of attendance from the GraduateCenterLMU.
Contact: email@example.com (Tel. 089/2180-9732)
This workshop is fully booked.