Communication and Teams
GraduateCenterLMU Workshop for Doctoral Candidates
Effective communication has an enormous impact on our success in private and professional life. How polite, clear, goal-oriented is our communication, with our partners, supervisors, colleagues, in our (intercultural) teams? How do we lead a conversation? How can we give feedback to somebody without hurting him*her? How can we win without making the other person lose? These questions demonstrate that communication is not only an important topic but also a very personal one. Therein lies the difference to more scientific subjects: It cannot be viewed separate from the individual. And people are different and have their individual perceptions and communication patterns.
The workshop will be a mixture of short theory lessons, discussions, individual and small-group exercises, plus role-playing exercises with feedback. Case studies will be provided by the participants to ensure that the scenarios are as realistic as possible.
- Background and principles of communication: The map is not the territory
- Communication matrix: Flexibility for more effectiveness with oneself and others
- Supervision: Positively influencing the relationship with supervisors
- Intercultural communication: Knowing about the difference which makes the difference
- Successful in groups and teams: The spirit of cooperation
Language of workshop: English
Date: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, and Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Target group: Doctoral candidates of LMU Munich (the number of participants is limited)
Certificate of attendance: Participants will receive a certificate of attendance from the GraduateCenterLMU.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (Tel. 089/2180-9732)
This workshop is fully booked.