Publishing and Academic Writing (Humanities and Social Sciences)
GraduateCenterLMU Workshop for Doctoral Candidates
This workshop covers the specific requirements of writing scholarly research articles in the Humanities in English, from structuring your paper, revising your introduction and conclusion, writing coherent paragraphs and incorporating key words and concepts into your text. The workshop introduces publishing strategies such as journal analysis, writing query letters to editors and responding to requests for revisions. We also cover tips for writing attention-getting abstracts and titles while reviewing examples of your work, and discuss sentence revision strategies and key grammatical issues while correcting the texts submitted by course participants together.
- Write an introduction that captures your readership's attention
- Form proper paragraphs that represent discrete units of meanings
- Analyze journals in your field to find the best fit for your paper
- Craft an attention-getting yet appropriate title and abstract
- Write successful submission and revision letters to editors
- Implement key strategies for revising your sentences
Requirements: Please submit one abstract, one title and one page of your own writing in English in MS Word format no later than two weeks in advance of the course. Prerequisite for participation is proficiency in English at the C1 level of competency.
Date: Tuesday, June 27, 2017, and Wednesday, June 28, 2017, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Target group: Doctoral candidates of LMU Munich from the Humanities and Social Sciences (the number of participants is limited)
Certificate of attendance: Participants will receive a certificate of attendance from the GraduateCenterLMU.
Contact: email@example.com (Tel. 089/2180-9732)