Grant Writing (Natural Sciences)
GraduateCenterLMU Workshop for Doctoral Candidates
The aim of this workshop is to familiarize participants with strategies for successful grant/fellowship applications to various funding bodies. It combines lecture-style sequences with active participation of the group and deals with the theory of good scientific writing, the basics of grant applications and the principles of funding bodies, as well as hands-on exercises on defining your aims, structuring a workplan and writing a grant summary. Additionally, extensive feedback will be given on all written exercises – not only by the instructor but also by other participants in special evaluation sessions. These will introduce you to the view of potential evaluators and make you aware of the information that needs to be included in a grant application.
- Obtaining a thorough understanding of how successful grant applications are written
- Learning to write readable texts in English
- Understanding the reviewing process for grant applications
- Gaining practical experience in writing and evaluating grant applications
- Obtaining an overview over funding agencies and funding opportunities
Language of workshop: English
Date: Tuesday, November 14, 2017, 9:30 am - 5:00 pm, and Wednesday, November 15, 2017, 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Target group: Doctoral candidates of LMU Munich from the Natural Sciences (the number of participants is limited)
Certificate of attendance: Participants will receive a certificate of attendance from the GraduateCenterLMU.
Contact: email@example.com (Tel. 089/2180-9732)